LIFE AT SEA PLANETARY PUNT!
$20,000 First Prize
THE PLANETARY PUNT IS A WORLDWIDE BEST-SINGLE-MANEUVER-VIDEO CONTEST. TOP 3 PLACES = $$$
SUBMIT YOUR CLIPS AS THE YEAR PROGRESSES.
CUT OFF IS HIGH NOON, JUNE 1, 2019
1st PLACE VIDEO:
$20K = $17K surfer / $3K filmer
2nd PLACE VIDEO:
$3K = $2K surfer / $1K filmer
3rd PLACE VIDEO:
$2K = $1500 surfer / $500 filmer
Watch the Competition at lifeatsea.com!
- Go stick something gnarly!
- Best single maneuver.
- One category: Height / Tech / Magnitude / Distance, etc. - the most jaw-dropping overall will take the top prizes. And as with most good surfing, speed, power and flow are great factors!
- Must ride out of maneuver, still carried by wave. Show enough footage after maneuver so there is no doubt that surfer is still carried by wave.
- Stick it! Feet off the board after landing may disqualify the maneuver.
- Paddle-in, no assists.
- Ocean surfing only—this is a Life At Sea brand event. Wavepool comps may be in our future!
- Free-surf submissions only. Please do not submit maneuvers performed during other competitions.
- Not a barrel comp.
- Footage must be of decent quality and decent camera work, so that maneuver can be seen easily and clearly. Not too far away, etc. Camera-phone footage is acceptable if this rule is applied.
- No web-surf-cam or robot footage accepted.
- Film till June 1, 2019. (Deadline for submissions = High Noon June 1, 2019)
TO SUBMIT CLIPS:
- POST MANEUVER ON YOUR INSTAGRAM, TAG @lifeatseaco AND HASHTAG #planetarypunt
- Show enough footage after a maneuver so there is no doubt that surfer is still carried by wave.
- DON'T WAIT – the competition showcases some of our top submissions as the year progresses. We'll periodically publish Punt edits at lifeatsea.com and on Instagram @lifeatseaco.
- Surfers may work with any photogs throughout the filming period.
- Photogs may work with any surfers throughout the filming period.
- ANY SURFER CAN SUBMIT AS MANY SINGLE MANEUVERS AS THEY CHOOSE, HOWEVER, EACH SURFER CAN ONLY WIN ONE OF THE TOP THREE SPOTS. How does that work? SURFERS: Submit as many entries as you like. If you have sent in multiple entries, we'll select your best move at the year’s end. Or you can notify us of your choice via email. This move will be judged against other surfer’s entries. In this way, no surfer can win multiple spots. Top three individuals = $$$
- PHOTOGS: Submit as many entries as you like. PHOTOGS MAY WIN MULTIPLE PLACINGS WITH MULTIPLE SURFERS. However, an individual surfer can only win ONE of the three top spots.
- Surfer and filmer are NOT required to be a duo on every clip of that surfer. You can work with whomever you choose on any given clip.
- Photogs have no limits on number of surfers and clips.
- Post your clips as you capture them—don’t wait until the final deadline!
- The competition showcases your surfing as the year progresses,
- (Deadline = High Noon June 1, 2019).
- EMAIL CONTACT INFO OF SURFER AND PHOTOG (cells and emails) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting any clip, filmer and surfer authorize use of the imagery to be used in promo of Life At Sea competitions.
A Message from Life At Sea
WHY THE PUNT?!
Life At Sea is from Santa Cruz, California - an air hub in the surfing world. Taking it back to these roots, Life At Sea just wrapped up the Hometown Huck air comp, and we’re now going global with The Planetary Punt!
-Life At Sea